Monday, December 23, 2013

joglo envy

A joglo is a traditional bungalow or cottage.
I happen to have hit the jackpot here at Sawah Indah. 
This joglo came from Jogjakarta. No wonder I feel at home. This is the view from my front porch. 
And out the side window. 
Everything is made from lovingly restored antiques. 
It's tiny but perfect. Except that they are building a reception next door and start early in the morning. But in Bali, they're always building next door. At 8 am. 
I don't really mind lying here in the rain, reading. 
I know it will be hard to leave. 
Fortunately I'm not going anywhere yet. 

All this luxury comes at a modest price (500,00 rupiah or about $42 a night including tax and full breakfast), with exceptionally warm service. 

Sidemen is the Bali we've all dreamed about. I'm glad to know it still exists. 




No comments:

Post a Comment